Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years' Eve

And here we are, the end of another year.

Shall we look back and forward?

Strangely, and despite the heroic amounts of painting I have managed over the past year, I still find myself curiously in much the same place!

January - There was a big boom in Spencer Smith painting.
February - Stokes and I began the refight of Sittangbad and I had a bit of a fiddle-faddle about with the Franco-Prussian War. I did manage to paint up some British infantry as French for the big "55 Days at Peking" game.
March - A little terrain making - a marsh and a collection of ponds.
April - A Painting Challenge sort of completed and a sudden interest in Little Wars poked it's head up unexpectedly. Amy made me a very nice infantry flag for my FPW French.
May - Spencer Smith Normans? Duly purchased, painted and put away. Crusades itch scratched - for now. The 1565 project gives one last spastic kick in the form of a large Ravelin.
June - The smaller test-run of the "55 Days" game in Canberra. A smashing success.
July - My shameful failure to paint more Spencer Smith miniatures for a painting Challenge and instead producing a nice little force of Mirliton Italians, a few DAK and some unaccountable Myceneans.
August - The opera bouffe of Bergonzoli's caravan. If you don't remember, well, shame on you. Well-hung libyans and Italian Heavy Artillery, too!
September - Back to the Sudan. Many Egyptians painted, the Glen Moray on the stocks, Hussars, Highlanders. Single Malt. Will it last?
October - Allahu ackbar! Mahdists! Scores of 'em!!
November - Sudan Terrain, Gordon on his last legs... What's that? I have to construct four small and one large building complex by when? OK! And while i'm at it - ancients!
December - Hey, look at these Macedonians!

I managed to get the buildings done and handed them over you'll be relieved to note.

Looking forward then.

Now the demands of terrain building are off me, I can return to the Sudan. Still going strong there and the next 20 Mahdists have been clipped from the frame. if we are going to demo a Sudan game next year, I'll continue to build heaps of them, otherwise I will taper off in March and concentrate on my own campaign.

There you go, a sort of pledge for next year.

Another - The Alzheim and Imperial armies are now at very fightable strengths in terms of the "Grantian" sized armies I had envisaged. I will be fighting battles with them next year. I will. Just a touch of basing to be done and we ought to be right to go.

I want to keep on with my WW2 Italians. Before I go to much further, i either need to find someone locally who'll provide an opponent or build British forces of my own to solo against.

That ought to keep me.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Do you plan to use "Charge!" or "The War Game" for your Duchy vs Imperials?


-- Jeff

PS, have a Happy New Year!

Bloggerator said...

Hi Jeff,

Tough call.

I've enjoyed Stokes' version of Charge! this year.

Either that or The War Game; my unit organisations are organised with this in mind at least!

Happy new year,

Greg