Friday, December 02, 2011

The Kalnoky Hussars

For my next Imperial regiment, I decided to build a Hussar regiment and eventually settled on the Kalnocky Hussars on finding this portrait by David Morier in the Royal Collection (available online). I have been painting madly for the past week and a half and can report that the bulk of the work is done, up to and including the (much simplified) yellow lace and frogging. I'm painting in the rest of the fur detail tonight and will be knocking off the final details of betls, glove muskets and so on this weekens if all is well. Pics on Sunday night?

Afther these chaps are finished, it's on to the last 18 figures of the La Rosee regiment.

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Go Greg! Is that dark blue, or black? I might have a go at these the next time I do another regiment of hussars since I have the nagging feeling that I need one more. Shoot me for even thinking that, please!

Best Regards,

Stokes

Old School ACW said...

Very dark blue Stokes.

Just do those Lubeckers first - have a break!