Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What I'll be (mostly) doing this Year

Go here for a sneak peek.

The long and the short of it is that I'll be devoting about 60% of my hobby time this year to a fairly ambitious demonstration game slated for the Australia Day Long Weekend in January 2009.

The year is 1887, Britain and Russia are at War over Afghanistan or Caviar or something or other, and the pesky Russians have decided to empty the bank vaults of her Majesty's loyal, but tiny Colony of Victoria!

To do this they need to storm the forts at the Heads of Port Phillip Bay.

We will be re-enacting this momentus "historical" event by putting on a demo-game of the Russian amphibious assault on Fort Nepean.

2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Gee, if it were a decade earlier you could have Ned Kelly show up in his armor.


-- Jeff

Bloggerator said...

I know!

I have been toying with throwing some bush rangers in as a random event.

That'd be fun, I think.

Greg