Sunday, August 12, 2007

NCO and Colours for the Berry Regiment


More infantry need painting up today to glear the goals I set myself for the week. I've nearly finished converting the NCO, as you can see here. He looks pretty good so far - I'll need to patch him up with some Green Stuff where his hat meets his head and his re-positioned left arm meets his shoulder. I'll also need to re-model that part of his coat I had to saw through to get his hat moved!




From the Warflag site with a little re-touching done in Illustrator. I like to make my flags a bit over-size so they stand out more on the table. These are 35mm square.


I need to cut the flag-poles down a little and add finials. Perhaps I'll add the cords from fuse-wire or the like.

9 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

Looking good!

Is there a good source for finials? Esoecially for miis that don't come with them or for conversions.

Bluebear Jeff said...

I like my flags a bit oversized as well.


-- Jeff

Fitz-Badger said...

ugh, typos!
should be "Especially for minis that don't come with them or for conversions"

Bloggerator said...

Fitz,

I'll probabbly make my own from plastic card.

Greg

Frank said...

Front Rank sell seperate finials with cords and they look good. Look under equipment on their list.They are hollowed out for attaching a piece of wire and I use nothing else.

My flags are 35mm square too and I am using Jeffs templates (thanks Jeff). 35mm looks just right with the Eagle Miniatures as I tried one with the national flag.

I'll try to remember to post a pic of the banner pole with finial and cords on my own blog.

Frank

Bloggerator said...

Frank,

What's the address of your Blog please?

Regards,

Greg

Frank said...

http://leder-hosen.blogspot.com/

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hello there Greg,

A fine conversion! Might you describe in somewhat more detail the thinking and conversion steps behind your stalwart NCO?

Best Regards,

Stokes

Bloggerator said...

Hello Stokes,

I'll post an article tonight with some "before and after" pictures.

All the best,

Greg