Wednesday, November 01, 2006

One for the Kids

I'm currently painting some more Prince August homecasts for my nephew Max. He doesn't know it yet, but he's getting some Great Northern War Saxons and Swedes to bulk out the tiny force of Saxons he already has.

I decided to write some simple rules so he can do more with them other than line them up an roll marbles at them. After all, I painted them, and want them to stay unchipped for a while yet!

1. Move
Guns – 1dice in inches
Men – 2 dice in inches
Riders – 4 dice in inches

Men or Riders with an Officer or a Drummer or a Flag Bearer get to add another dice to their move.

2. Shoot
Guns – throw 4 dice. Each 5 or 6 is a hit.
Men – throw one dice. Each 6 is a hit.
Riders – throw no dice.

Each figure that is hit but has not fired is laid down on its side and may fire once before it is removed. Riders that are hit are removed. A gun needs two men to shoot.

3. Fight
Guns – throw no dice.
Men – throw one dice.
Riders – throw two dice.

Highest score wins.

4. End of the Game
The first player to lose half of his soldiers loses the game.

3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Those sound like FUN rules. I like them! I'm sure that he will too.


-- Jeff

Bloggerator said...

Ah, yer a loverly man Jeff, Gahd bless yer!

Greg
(who's had a beer or two - oops!)

PS, the next couple of weeks will tell the tale - I'll keep you updated. Will I clean Max's clock or will he take the Brasso to mine???

Poruchik said...

make sure to take and post photos of the event!!!!